To help you navigate surrogacy in Australia, we have complied a list of useful publications, podcasts and websites.
Australian Surrogacy Community
- A very large moderated Facebook group for intended parents and surrogates that provides peer advice and support (Link)
- Labour of Love A story of generosity, hope and surrogacy by Australian surrogate Shannon Garner
- A Little Ray of Sunshine – an Australian surrogacy account written by a surrogate and her IP (Leonie McKinnon and Rebecca McDonald)
- When not if: Surrogacy for Australians – This book serves as a how-to guide about how to do surrogacy right the first time – and how to avoid the pitfalls, of which there are many. Stephen gives his wealth of experience in this book.
- Audio stories about surrogacy from Australian intended parents and surrogates.
- A source of pasteurised breast milk for those unable to provide breast milk for infants in the first year
- A non-profit organisation based in Australia that provides expert education and support for intended parents considering donor IVF or surrogacy, through conferences, seminars and customised advice. More relevant for those considering offshore options such as US, UK, Canada, Ukraine, Georgia, Greece and elsewhere.
- Pink Elephants is an Australian charity offering peer support to women and couples coping with the grief around early miscarriage.
VARTA (Victorian Assisted Reproduction Treatment Authority)
- A statutory authority funded by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (website)
- VARTA provides independent information and support to Victorians however their website provides useful information for parties across Australia
Surrogacy Process Chart
- A chart to provide you with an estimate of timeframes and cost of surrogacy in Australia
Legal Advice on Surrogacy