To progress the rights, social and legal status of Australians using Surrogacy overseas and within Australia.
This website supports Australians who are planning on, or who are already parents via surrogacy arrangements. We are an incorporated charity, registered with the Australian Charities and Non-Profits Commission.
To this effect, we work with
- Politicians to educate and lobby for laws which protect surrogates, intending parents and children, in a process which requires careful planning and protections
- Academics to encourage quality research into outcomes for surrogates and children born through surrogacy
- Media to dispel misconceptions around the motives, the process and the outcomes for intending parents, surrogates and children
All the positions below are voluntary roles, elected at SA’s AGM in June each year
- President: Sam Everingham*
- Secretary: Michael Langtree
- Treasurer: Felicity Kennedy
- QLD: vacant
- TAS: Amelia Beukes
- WA: Hayley Christidis
- SA: Anna McKie
- VIC: Gabby Goldberg
- NSW: Karen Mills
- ACT: Felicity Kennedy
- NT: Rebecca Want de Rowe
SASS Support manager: Anna McKie (paid part-time)
Surrogates: Hayley Christidis (WA), Charmaine Stall (QLD), Marnie McIntyre (NSW), Simone Cureton (SA), Amanda Meehan (VIC)
Parents: Lisa and Henry Leggett (VIC), Mike Collins and Glenn Trainor (VIC), Kristy Green (ACT), Ben Warner and Terry (QLD), Mahesh Oliver and Phil (NSW), Juan Fernandez and Christian (NSW), Marian Sandberg (SA)
Sam Everingham is also a Director of Families Through Surrogacy Limited, a non-profit education organisation which runs conferences and seminars on domestic and cross-border surrogacy and egg donation, as well as providing consultancy and case management services for selected cross-border providers. He sits on an advisory group for the Victorian Assisted Reproduction Treatment Authority.